Am I gyming correctly?

Eat. Sleep. Gym. Repeat.


I used to think that saying was obnoxious. Now this is my new mantra. Well mine is more, sleep, eat, work, gym and repeat but you get the point. With this in mind, today I got my wobbly ass back to the gym. I haven't been for a few days and it feels like forever. Even walking on the treadmill made my calves ache again but I was able to keep up a good speed and I jogged a little at the end. I intend to push myself each time I go. To see how much I've improved, so next time I'm jogging for longer, running if I'm feeling wild. I probably won't but I like to leave the possibilities open.

I did 10 minutes on the curve, treadmill thing and then some sets on the pull down machine. I have no idea what it's proper name is. The one where the bar is above your head and you sit and pull it down to your chest. I'll ask Kelly, she'll know. I did 3 sets of 10 of those. My left arm is definitely weaker than my right but it seems to be catching up. Or I'm not noticing the imbalance as much. It was a short session and I wrapped it up with 20 minutes on the bike. No idea what settings it was on, I mashed the buttons until it stopped beeping. It made my legs burn so it can't have been far off what I should have been doing.

Can't lie though. I was a little disappointed when Kelly told me she wanted me on mostly cardio for the moment. I understand why, there's no point building the muscle too much when there's still a substantial layer of jiggle on top. I get it. It's just that for some reason when I was using the weight machine things I felt like a regular gym person and not just a fat girl sweating it out on the easy equipment. I know it's all irrational and Kelly is definitely right so I will just suck it up and get on with it. 2 months and I'll start to see results. Only 8 weeks. Not long at all.

I'm impatient. I want to be fit and healthy already!

For now I guess I'll just have to amuse myself by pottering around the beginners equipment. 
I mean maybe that's for the best. It did take me 2 minutes of button mashing to work out how I started the bike trainer doodah. I also struggle to reach the pull down bars and stuff. I have to do the short girl tiptoe to reach them. At least I can feel my abs for once as I stretch and it opens up a scenario where my gym prince charming can come and lower it for me. For now though that's Kelly's job.

All in all not a bad session. I didn't get a smoothie though which is sad but I'm going back tomorrow so I might get a second chance! I'll let you know how it goes.

L xx

P.s as always you can find me on Twitter @Laurenailie or Instagram @ chonker-plonker for more of mine and Kelly's fitness journey.


Comments

What's everyone else reading?