Mental Health Awareness Month - How's it going?

How is it May already?


Seriously where is this year going. I'm stressing about how much of the year I have left and all the things I need to do. 😂 I need to chill out! 

I have to admit, I've not been taking the best care of myself. I've been running around like a headless chicken trying to cram as much as I can into my evenings. I forget what day it is and whether or not I've eaten dinner. I have also been fighting procrastination the whole time. I work a normal 9 til 5 job so by the time I get home I'm tired. 

First things first I get into my pyjamas. Are you an adult if you don't get straight into your comfy clothes as soon as you get home? Make up off and hair up. Mug of tea and I settle myself in front of my computer. My intention is to chill out, catch up on some streams and drink my tea, then get down to business. What actually happens is I continue to watch videos and get deeper into the internet until it gets late into the evening and then I start whatever work I had planned. It's normally quite late by the time I finish and then I do a small home workout. 
The gym has been put on the back burner I'm ashamed to say. I'm still exercising but it's more weight training than cardio. 
Then I shower and get my butt to bed. That's not when I go to sleep though. I finish any work I didn't get done and then I try to wind down with some more internet 🤦‍♀️. Once I actually switch off and try to sleep it's normally 12:30 am ish. I wake up at 6am for work. Needless to say I'm running on empty at the moment and I'm starting to feel it.

I want to take better care of myself. I know it's already a week into May but I'm really going to get myself into a routine. May is mental health awareness month so I'm going to get the work done first and then chill. I've been trying to be like that since in was a teenager but I'm going to give it my best.  Also getting my 8 hours sleep each night will help. I'm waking up exhausted and with a headache. I'm not eating the best meals either. Quick and easy is the food theme at the moment. All in all I'm stumbling through each day.

I'm enjoying the tarot readings. The physical card readings are exciting to do and I feel energised as I do them. The part where I type them up is so time consuming though. From start to finish they take 2 to 3 hours to complete. I love doing them, it's nice to think that I'm able to give something back to the people who read my posts. They just take so long. It would probably be quicker to record them but I'm not brave enough yer to put my face on the internet. Also my set up is currently a bit of a mess. I'm in the process of moving  (add more stress to the list) so I'm working from my bed. Not ideal but I'm working with what I have.

The book excerpts are good fun as well but they take some editing. I can stock pile those though. Schedule them for a few days to give me some upload breathing space. I just have so many ideas and I don't give myself enough time. I also like chatty posts like these. The mental health ones are some of the most cathartic. To get the issues and worries out into text really helps. I hope they offer some peace of mind to anyone who reads them too. I would love it if my posts, any of them, helped someone in any way. Even just one person. I enjoy just giving back to the world and helping to make a difference for the better. Sounds so cheesy to read back, maybe it's the lack of sleep talking.

My point is that I don't want to post less frequently so I'm going to have to sacrifice some time from somewhere else. It's going to be from my procrastination time obviously. Which is fine. Just breaking a habit of a life time.

Since starting this blog it feels like I'm connecting with the world. That's a bit dramatic but I'm finding communities full of people who like the same things as me. Which is really nice, I'm not exactly shy but I'm not the talkative type either. I'm quite happy to sit and listen and join in when I have something to add. So when I'm in these groups I'm finding that I have more to say which is exciting for me. Does that make sense? 🤷‍♀️

I've decided, I'm going to start a routine. Get the work done and then chill. Make sure I get to bed at a reasonable time. Just because I can function on less sleep doesn't make it ok to do it regularly. I think I'm also going to separate myself from technology at a certain time. No scrolling through Twitter when I should be sleeping. No checking the view counts on posts. It's not the amount I'm looking at exactly, I just like to see if people are reading. It doesn't matter how many. 

For mental health awareness month I'm going to take better care of myself. Healthy inside and out. 

I really do enjoy chatting with the virtual person who reads this Haha as weird as that is!

If you enjoy my mind dump ramblings then have a read back through my older posts. You never know what you might find 🤣

Speak soon! Take care of yourselves!

L xx


I'm on Twitter @Laurenailie0.  I'll get Instagram eventually....

Comments

What's everyone else reading?