Mental Health Monday # 10

Let's have some fun!


Mental health isn't always about the sad bits, it's important to talk about the good bits too! 

I took a week off last week and I'm pleased to report that I know myself very well. I did not do pretty much anything I planned. Monday I worked in the morning and took the afternoon to myself. Tuesday I drove my sister back to her flat so she could pack it up. She's moved to one of the other British isles. Which is sad if I think about it, but I can still visit and message so it isn't that bad. Wednesday I actually went to the gym! I felt ill half way through and stopped but I still went and still did some work. Thursday I had lunch with my grandparents which was nice and Friday I went shopping with my mum. It didn't exactly all go to plan but I didn't sit around all week either. 

In my spare time though I fell down a DND rabbit hole. It's interesting and I'm learning as I watch. I might look into it a bit more. See if I have friends who are as nerdy as me. That would be great, if not I'll make more friends.

I also thought about my life a lot. As a whole. 
I realised that while my job isn't bad in anyway, I'm definitely not made to be working in an office. I'm craving freedom and fun. I know it works for some but I don't want an ordinary life. I want adventures and fun. To explore. I thought about travelling but then there is the question of holiday allowance at work and money. Boring grown up things. I have my flat being finished so I need to save for that as well. As these things piled up and began to weigh me down I decided to just find more fun in my every day life. 

The big moments only last so long so if I can find joy in the normal day I should be pretty set. I started this plan on Saturday. As an almost going away outing, my mum and sister came with me to the health club to see a tribute band. We met Kelly and her family there which was nice. We chatted and sang along with the band which was fun. It was probably one if the first times that I was relaxed enough to enjoy myself. Normally I get stressed out about what I'm wearing and what's going on around me. This time I was even feeling good about my appearance. I wore fitting trousers and a sheer shirt. Not a terrible as it sounds, it was only noticable in bright light. I did my make up and wore a dark lipstick. I felt good for the first time in a long time. I wasn't worried about who might be looking or what chub might be showing. It was nice and freeing. It's slightly sad to say but going to the gym, eating well and drinking water actually makes a positive difference. 



With that in mind, my next step in self love is self discipline. Being strong and going to the gym, actually going when I plan to go. I plan to go 3 times a week but recently I've managed to go maybe once a week... This also includes not eating biscuits and crisps. 
I went to the gym today, straight from work so I couldn't get comfy at home. I did 20 mins of cardio and 40 mins of weights, not a bad session for me. I'm looking to burn off those muffin tops. They're going, just slowly, this is the difficult bit for me. I want results right away.

We're in April now and I'm excited to see what life is bringing. My flat is nearly ready, my writing juices are flowing and my body is shrinking as I take better care of it. 

Any progress is good progress.

L xx

P.s find me on Twitter @Laurenailie0! Or on Instagram with Kelly at chonker-plonker. See our fitness progress through Kelly's eyes.

Look at me taking selfies in public!




Comments

What's everyone else reading?