Dark Ordained

I'm posting more Dark Ordained simply because I enjoy writing.

That's all there is to it. I love writing and it's exciting to me that I'm finally sharing something I have a passion for!

It's a shorter one because my OCD won't let me post a new chapter in the middle. So new post for that!

I hope you guys enjoy reading this as much as I loved writing it.

L xx

Come find me on Twitter @LaurenAilie0. Lets share stories!


* * *


The dull roaring in my ears was now deafening and the use of my limbs returned allowing me to get up and sprint towards Joey. 
My shoes skidded on blood on the floor and the strange man stepped aside to let me through. As I fell to my knees beside Joey it was like the pressure popping in my ears and sound returned to me. The roaring noise I could hear were my own wordless screams. 

Joey was spluttering through the blood pouring from his mouth as I tried applying pressure to the slices that tore across his chest. His blood stained my hands and soon his face was grey, with one shaky movement he gently held my shaking wrist. Tears streaming down my face I turned to look at him.
“Go,” his voice was rough and gravelly.
 He shook his head as I began to lean heavier on his wounds.

“Stay with me, Ok? I need you with me,” I bunched up the front of my t-shirt and tried to stem the blood flow with it.

“He’ll kill you. It’s you he wants. Now go. RUN!” Joey’s voice was weaker and I could read the panic and urgency in his eyes, at that moment I knew it was too late for my brother and it was all my fault.

“No, no, no, you need to stay with me!” I could see he was fading though. He grip was slack and even the blood wasn’t leaking out nearly as fast anymore. Then his eyes went blank and he stopped breathing. Small green lights like the embers the ghosts had become started to drift up from Joey’s body.

“No, Joey. No, stay, please,” I was sobbing as I begged, I tried to force the lights back to him by will alone, they slowed their movement, but I knew it would do him no good. 

He was gone. I let go, and they resumed their drifting. A cool arm reached around my waist and hoisted me away from my brother’s body. I started kicking and flailing trying to get back to him, I couldn’t leave him. My elbow contacted something hard and I felt a crunch. The man howled and threw me to one side. I flew backwards and landed on the floor, my head snapped back from the force of it and smacked against the hard wood floor. I felt more than saw the man approach me, my head spun as he grabbed me by the front of my shirt and lifted me to his eye level. His bloodied fingers were elongated and the nails were curved, serrated and razor sharp, sliding through the fabric he was gripping. His nose was slightly crooked and green tinged blood dripped from it where I had elbowed him. At least I avoided his eyes.

“You broke my nose,” he shifted his grip so he could tilt my chin and make me meet his gaze.

“JOEY!” I screamed out, realising how futile it was, he was dead and gone.

I tried to kick out and my shoes did make contact but the man didn’t even flinch. He shook me hard and slammed me against the wall.

“Enough, let’s get this over with. It’s such a shame, you are so beautiful but my sister requires your body,” the man tightened his grip on my face and dug his nails in enough to break the skin and make me gasp and open my eyes a little. In that second, I felt my control leave me. I was his puppet again and I could I could do nothing as he ran his hand over my stomach.

“I’m not my sister so I can’t pull your soul from you, therefore I need to drain you. There’s no room in there for the two souls and the quickest way to get rid of yours is to empty you of blood. The blood pours out and the soul flows free too you see. My name is Arkainus, if you ever make it back in this time line little Necro, come find me. We could be great lovers.”  Arkainus pulled back his hand from my stomach and angled his knife-like nails towards my body and prepared to strike. 

His arm tensed and I knew the blow was coming but before he could make contact something barrelled into Arkainus knocking him off of me. I dropped to the ground and watched as Arkainus fought with someone who looked exactly like my brother.

I looked to where Joey’s body had been only to find a pool of blood that had a trail that led to my feet and also there were staggered footprints that went to where Arkainus was fighting his attacker. I was still on the floor watching as Joey fought Arkainus, his movements where clumsy and lurched as he walked, as if his own body was working against him. Arkainus slashed a tore at Joey but no blood appeared, I saw the cuts open up to the bone but there was still no blood. Then he turned his face to me. 

The eyes were still blank and his mouth was moving as if he was trying to speak but no sound was coming out. 

Then Arkainus tried to get past him and he turned back to the fight. I couldn’t believe it, Joey was back, alive, but even as the thought entered my mind I knew it wasn’t true. People have a certain feel to them, a warmth, the way you can sense when someone is standing behind you, I didn’t get that feeling with Joey. 
When he turned to me again I could see how grey his skin looked and how dead his eyes were. This time he managed to make a noise, he flung his arm towards the door and repeated the noise. 

Finally I understood. He was trying to get me to leave. I got up and ran for the door and I was halfway there when Joey and Arkainus’s battle moved into my path. I clumsily skirted around them and thought I had got by when I felt a hand clamp down on my shoulder. Long thin fingers dug in and there was an explosion of pain as I pulled away. Immediately blood started to pour down my arm but I kept moving. 

I reached the door where I paused and looked back. Joey was blocking Arkainus as best as he could with his ruined body, Arkainus was literally tearing chunks from him. .
I took one last look at him, knowing it was probably the last time I would see him, before tearing myself away and sprinting out towards Joey’s car. The pain in my left shoulder was unbearable. Every footstep jolting it as I ran.  
Joey had left his car keys in the ignition. Somehow in my panic I managed to start the engine and despite the excruciating pain, put it in gear and drove away. 

Comments

What's everyone else reading?