Let's catch up....

This week was strange!





My mum was away this week and it left me with a lot of time to myself. Thinking time for an over thinker is dangerous. I didn't do too badly though! 

Last Saturday I added to my tattoo sleeve. This installment was my raven, a symbol for guidance, wisdom and manifestation. He's beautiful and I also had a splash of colour put in, a nod to my hamsa tattoo. I'll add a picture below, it was fresh so excuse the redness and swelling.


I've had four sessions with my tattooist now. She's done near enough my whole sleeve. I made sure I ate lunch before I went in and had a supply of mints to keep my sugars up. As tattoos go it wasn't that painful. The tail feathers are on my elbow and that was a sharp pain but overall not a tough place. 
It was a chill session. My tattooist is a nerd like me so we talked about pokemon and and comic con. Then she introduced me to some new anime. We cracked out her iPad and watched some on Netflix whilst she tattooed me. We were in the front of the shop so passers by kept stopping to look. We watched a series of individual short stories called Love, Hate and Robots. It was very cool. I wish the creators of those videos would expand them into their own series. We also watched some Black Butler which was interesting, I think I'll have to watch more episodes to get into it properly though.

I also took the plunge and booked the session where we're going to tattoo the inside of my bicep and elbow. It's going to hurt for sure. There's not one main piece but lots of ideas put together for that area. More dot work. I am nervous for that one though.
Not because of the pain itself but because of what it does to my body. The potential for fainting and having a seizure is higher and that's what worries me. The pain drops my blood sugars and then I pass out. It's only happened once before when I was getting a tattoo. It was bad, I hadn't eaten lunch and the seizure was bad enough that I actually  wet myself. It was humiliating. I lose complete control of my body and it's frightening. I'm not letting it stop me though. I love my tattoos and I can't wait for my sleeve to be done. So I'm going to be sensible about it. I'm going to make sure I eat a good meal and take it slowly. I'll try my best not to push my body too far. By nature I'd rather endure than make a fuss. I'm learning that I can't always do that though. I need to take care of myself too. 

So there was that and then my mum went away and I was left on my own. The first two days were a bank holiday so I stayed at home. I stayed in my pyjamas and watched streams all day, it was great. I have no regrets 😂. 
I also worked on my blog and another project that I'm putting together with some friends. I'm super excited,  I feel like I'm onto something really life changing. I'm taking action to move my life towards the future I want for myself. The life I'm determined to have for myself. 

I'm taking baby steps and I'm excited to see progress happening! You have to put yourself on the right path in order for manifestation to work.

The rest of the working week was pretty standard. I kept busy and counted down the hours until it was time to go home. I'd much rather spend my days doing something creative but as jobs go I can't complain. With any luck it won't be for much longer!

Yesterday we booked out tickets for MCM Comic Con. We enjoyed the spring one so much that my friends and I want to go to the bigger one in May. So the tickets are booked which means it's time to plan my cosplay. I had fun putting Raven together but I did chicken out when it came to the potential of my costume. I wasn't confident enough to wear the outfit I planned in my head. I also procrastinated. 

This time I'm going as my own creation, sort of... 
My plan is a steampunk version of Poison Ivy. I know loads of people go as her but she's my favourite of the Sirens. Ivy is super cool and down for the planet. 
I've got a concept idea and I've bought somethings already. The most important part is that I'm going as a character that doesn't exactly exist. You know what Poison Ivy looks like but this steampunk version is my creation. I can own my look and feel good about myself as I wear it. That's the best bit. I can't wait to feel good about my body and get my self confidence back. 

It's going to be a good weekend! I'm pulling in those positive vibes.

I'm wrapping up today watching Mortal kombat 11 videos and more Twitch Streams. Jade is pretty badass and you can't beat hanging out in chats with lovely online community's. (I'm a bit of a stream lurker right now but I'm working up the confidence to join in).

My plans for tomorrow are the same. More streams and chill with project planning.


If you've read down this far in my rambled mine dumps then thank you! I appreciate it. It's especially nice to see so many people reading my story posts. I was worried that no one would read them at all. I intend to upload more of them next week!

I hope you all have a good weekend and that the good things you wish for come your way.

L xx

As always you can find me on Twitter @Laurenailie0. Follow me to see when I post my blog entries and experience more of my weirdness. 




Comments

What's everyone else reading?