Working on that tattoo sleeve!!

The last gap is the WORST!


I made the decision to start my right arm tattoo sleeve 2 years ago and now I'm nearly done. My lower arm is complete, FINALLY!! My shoulder is done as well so that leaves me with a gap on my upper arm and bicep. Upper arm should be fine, no huge concerns about that area. The bicep / inner arm though, that bit I'm worried about. I've heard it hurts, really bad.... still going to do it though. 

The gap is bothering me, like an unfinished project. I already have my artist picked out, she did the majority of my arm and I like her style. That leaves the art, to choose what I want permanently etched into my skin. I know I want a bird, I wanted a Phoenix for a while but red / orange isn't my style. Yesterday I was scrolling through pinterest and saw a really cool image of a raven. They're smart and omens of transition and transmutation. I think they're awesome. I love the idea of getting the raven but I don't want it completely black. It's something I'm sure I can work out with my tattooist. Her art style can imply block colour without physically colouring it all in. I also want a splash of colour to tie it into the art on my inner arm. With all that in mind I've been looking for images I can give to my tattooist so she knows roughly what I want. 

So I've been mostly looking at ravens but I can't decide what position I want it in. Flying, about to to take flight, perched, just standing, facing forwards, back turned, it's a big decision. I'm going to take a few images to my tattooist and see what she comes up with. I think its important to give your tattooist a bit of artistic license.

The first image I've chosen is below, I like the idea of a mechanical bird. It's also got a hint of colour.




The second is a front facing bird and I like the colouring of the next feathers.



I like the position of the first bird more. But it would leave a lot of open space. I have a plan for this though! I want dragon scales. Geometric to fit with the flower of life pattern I have on my lower arm. In the same colours as the raven, only the odd scale, but to tie it all together.
I need to take this in have a consultation and book a tattoo appointment but I have a rough idea of cost. A full session is normally 4 to 6 hours but I only have a little arm and a medium sized gap on it. It should be similar to past sittings. I'm hoping to have it booked in for April though!

If you're getting a tattoo my advice is to do your research. Research your artist and their art style, gather the images you want, a few but not loads and good tattoos do cost a fair amount of money. You get what you pay for! My final point is don't be afraid to say if you don't like something about the design, you don't need to be rude or arrogant but it will be on your body forever. Also take care of yourself, make sure you're not hungover or hungry or tired before going in.

I'll let you know how it turns out...or if I change my mind.

Lxx

P.s find me on Twitter @Laurenailie0 😊👍



Comments

What's everyone else reading?