Back on that gym wagon ....

I didn't exactly fall off but I wasn't exactly on it either.


So here are my excuses.

1. Last week I was poorly. Sleeping all the time, whole body aches and a temperature. Exercise would have been counter productive 

2. I'm still recovering from the above illness and my sugars are all over the place. Again counter productive/ dangerous.

3. I fell into a Twitch TV hole that has held me prisoner for 2 weeks ish.

4. I lost my motivation and I'm supposed to be relaxing this week.

I have more excuses but no one has time for those. I've dragged my butt away from my computer though and I did a workout. Not my normal cardio but I did some and some is better than nothing. I started getting stomach cramp and I started getting weak arms which is a sign of my sugars crashing, so even though I could have pushed it I decided that it wasn't worth over doing it and collapsing. Been there had the seizure, not looking to repeat.

I managed to do 10 mins on the self power treadmill. I strong walk for 2 mins keeping a good pace and then I run for 30 secs or as long as I manage. Today I did a whole minute running. I could say that's not a lot but I'm proud of that and considering what I was able to do at the start of the year I'm giving my self a gold star. Go me! 

Then I moved on to the bike...I hate to say it but I was a gym sinner. I broke an unspoken rule and picked the bike next to someone else when literally none of the others were taken. I wanted the lower one though, the one where the seat has a back and it was next to someone. So I thought screw it, who am I hurting really and went for it. It wasn't actually a big deal and I doubt anyone noticed but to miss anxious here it was worth another gold star. I did 10 minutes on there before I called it a day. 

Now I'm chilling in the club lounge. I pay way too much to be member so I can use this gym so I'm going to make use of all the other perks. Pretend I'm one of the rich people who don't have a heart attack when they see their membership payment leave their bank account. 



I'm just sitting here writing this post as I wait for Kelly. We're getting smoothies because she misses me. I've only been away from work 3 days Haha. I try to go for something different each time and so far they're all gross. Protein just makes everything taste bad and there's something about drinking a vegetable that I'm against. 

I intend to come back here tomorrow and I've learnt my lesson, I'm eating a good meal before I get here.

UPDATE:

I went for 'Son of a Peach' smoothie, strawberry, peach and apple. It's not bad. Kelly is here too.



L xx

P.s find me on Twitter  @Laurenailie0 


Comments

What's everyone else reading?